Welcome to MFK

Welcome to MisFydKrafts!

+ I'm Fyd! A full time working Malaysian Biotech scientist based in Kuala Lumpur, who loves crochet, crafts & DIYs.
+ Here's where I started sharing my craft journey since 2010. Since then I've been featured in some of the local TV shows and also magazines.
+ I'm a life member of The Arts & Crafts Guild, KL & Selangor and currently a crochet instructor in Spotlight, Malaysia.

If you like to say hello, you can email me at misfydkrafts@gmail.com


Happy crafting, Happy browsing, Be Original, Support Handmade, Support MFK :)

Fyd

The Founder, Designer, Crocheter, Crafter of MisFydKrafts (001975460-K)
www.misfydkrafts.com.my

===================================================================================================================================

Fyd's Version Fedora Hat = Fydora

I've started this project around early last week & just finished it yesterday. I was trying to make a Fedora Hat which the idea came from my Pdy but then it turned out a bit small & snuggy on me. I think this is S size but still wearable I guess. It doesn't really look like a Fedora hat, so I decided to call it FYDORA =Fyd's version of fedora :p. How's that sound? Heheh. So here's my new design Fydora:

 I've used black chunky yarn with sc all over to make the hat harder. As the hat was too snuggy, I changed the initial plan to put ribbon around it to a crochet band which is more stretchy. I tied the bow with a ribbon so that it is not too thick.

Here's how it looks like when I model it. It looks ok for my first 'not quite there yet' Fedora= Fydora hat. 
Later will try to make a better & slightly bigger one for guys =).

7 comments:

IP-m said...

sangt gorgeous.. cam Mischa Barton hat dia slalu pakai.

Aisyah Helga said...

Love the hat and the name! Love the band and ribbon,too!

Unknown said...

@Mummy Dhiacoco: Thanks! Aah Mischa Barton suka pakai topi2 camni. Ramai jugak celebrities suka pakai, Neyo, Johnny Depp, JT, MJ etc...senang to cover bad hair day I guess :p

@Aisyah: Thanks! I just figured out the name last night before doing the posting :p. I thought of using the real ribbon but then as the hat was just 'ngam2' & a bit stretched when I wear it so I can't use the real ribbon. I just crochet a band (which is stretchy) & make a ribbon out of it. =)

mangosteenskin said...

good morning fyd!

i really like this hat! Love the color combination. Awww.. this is so sweet fyd.

Unknown said...

Good Morning Mango! Thanks! =)

euphoria said...

gorgeous laa sangat!

Unknown said...

Thanks Euphy! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...